Records and Archives Services
Our mission is to optimise the management of university records to:
- help the university achieve excellence in its core functions of teaching, learning and research
- ensure the university's corporate memory is preserved in its archives
Records and Archives Services is part of the Office of the Chief Information Officer and comprises three units:
- The Records Management Office creates and retrieves administration files and provides advice on how to manage and classify corporate records and set up recordkeeping systems. It also provides TRIM and records management training.
- Monash University Archives provides access/reference services and storage for permanent value corporate records. It also provides advice about retention and disposal of corporate records.
- The Student Records Office manages student files and documents and provides advice on student file management.